I usually avoid posting too much news about PC Cases unless they're interesting enough for my tastes,
As well as avoiding touching on the subject of that DUAL-CHAMBER aesthetic which I have nothing nice to say about despite the aesthetic being BELOVED by enthusiasts....
But it seems FRACTAL DESIGN was just in their EXPERIMENTAL PHASE.
After their release of the FRACTAL POP 2 VISION earlier this year
FRACTAL has decided to renege their commitment to DUAL CHAMBER in favor of the classic FRONT INTAKE design for their cases.
I woke up(I'm still coughing as of this post) and saw on FACEBOOK a post from FRACTAL about two cases they just announced:
Fractal SUMMIT
&
Fractal DEFINE ONE
First, lets go with the SUMMIT
Looks like FRACTAL DESIGN is still obsessed with their WOODGRAIN aesthetic ever since their 2022 success with the NORTH case But instead of the wood being the INTAKE GRILLE like it was on the NORTH series,The WOOD seems to be decorative, a little similar to a certain case from ANTEC
The SUMMIT looks like FRACTAL is going back to their roots which is proper FRONT INTAKE for airflow.
Yeah.... Kind of like how this GIF of a JET TURBINE puts it.But not quite.
We're talking about letting air in and letting air out to keep our components cool
Once again, FRACTAL is positioning this case to be for gamers, I can tell seeing as I've seen that this case is promising itself to be tool-less once again but I noticed that FRACTAL is finally putting in an IN-CASE Anti-Sag Holder to prop up GRAPHICS cards.
In the past, You had to use HOLDERS or BRACKETS that came with your GPU unless you bought yourself a 3rd Party Holder like my ASUS ROG HERCUL-X Holder.
This is indeed a welcome change.
I'm all in for this case... provided I can build one for a friend of mine.....Next, we have the DEFINE ONE case.
I have mixed feelings about this case.
I was really hoping for FRACTAL to introduce the DEFINE 8 series of cases but alas, they didn't.
The name DEFINE ONE really does remind me of the XBOX ONE from 2013
Unlike the SUMMIT, the DEFINE ONE seems a little short on the HORIZONTAL side of things so please be mindful of what GPU or AIO you have before mounting them into this case.
One thing I wish FRACTAL would have retained is at least a single 5.25" Optical drive bay but this breakup schematic shows it doesn't have it
Look... I get that you can just use USB Optical Drives to get around that but in my mind, it's more important to have an internal solution to mounting at least a BLU-RAY burner.
Either way or another, I'm more interested in the SUMMET CASE due to it's woodgrain and front intake airflow design aesthetic
Yeah, I noticed that these cases don't come with their own FRACTAL ASPECT RGB fans. But who needs them?
If you really want ARGB fans that badly, just buy your own.
Me?
I just use my THERMALTAKE or CORSAIR fans that I have.
Here's hoping which case releases first...
and here's my closing line for this post:
IF THERE'S ANYBODY OUT THERE IN THE VANCOUVER AREA WHO'D LIKE ME TO BUILD THEIR COMPUTERS, HERE'S THE LINK TO MY WEBSITE'S CONTACT PAGE:
No comments:
Post a Comment