Has it been 30 years since the infamous Drive-By Shooting?
On September 7th 1996,
Gangsta Rapper TUPAC AMARU SHAKUR(Real Name: PARISH LESANE CROOKS)
Was gunned down in a drive-by shooting in PARADISE, NEVADA
Luckily, he survived but not for long as he later passed away in his hospital bed on SEPTEMBER 13th 1996 due to the pain of his gunshot wounds and hemorrhaging after his right lung was surgically removed.But before he passed,
He requested to his fiancé KIDADA JONES to play his favorite song on a nearby CD Player.
You might think that he would want to have a rap song playing due his musical background....But he instead requested a FOLK SONG to play on the Player.
And what's the name of that song?
STARRY NIGHT(aka VINCENT) by DON MCLEAN.
I'm very familiar with the song as I first heard it around 2002 or 2003 via a FLASH ANIMATION my father downloaded from the interwebs on our VOBIS HIGHSCREEN PC
And yes, I still have the FLASH ANIMATION in my external HDD.
Thanks to the EMBED feature on BLOGGER, I can embed the song here
But during research, As it turns out, TUPAC has been majorly enthralled about the tragic life of Dutch Painter VINCENT VAN GOGH.
To a point he wrote a poem about the painter
I've read that TUPUC and VAN GOGH share a connection with each other spiritually due to them being misunderstood artistic geniuses who's art can really only be appreciated once they pass on.
30 years after the shooting,
That poem now holds more truer to it's word than it did when TUPAC wrote it in the first place.
Don Mclean's VINCENT also holds a place in my heart too as I think it was the last song I heard before I started KINDERGARTEN so I'd say it's my TRANSITIONAL SONG before my educational journey started..
While TUPAC may be gone for more than 30 years since then,
DON MCLEAN is still alive as of this writing.
Yes, I know I should be posting this on SEPTEMBER 7th to mark the 30 years since the incident but I didn't want to overshadow my DOUG post so I posted this a day after.
No comments:
Post a Comment