I've come to a conclusion....
Oh wait....
No Conclusion.
There’s evidence that DOUG has more in common with the GRAND THEFT AUTO series than one would realize.
I first found out about this years ago when I've done research on a RADIO PERSONALITY in one of the games and discovered that Skeeter Valentine's Actor FRED NEWMAN was a radio DJ in the 1999 game GTA 2 for PS1, Dreamcast, & PC.
And here's the full radio session with his voice.
Quite a side gig for MOSQUITO "SKEETER" VALENTINE.
"I knew my Mouth Sounds lessons I learned from MICHEAL WINSLOW
would eventually land me a career in both
RADIO & PODCASTS.
*HONK HONK*"
But that doesn't end there.
Voice of Roger Klotz in the Disney Series,
"Ironically using a Photo from back when I was paying rent to
FAT JACK'S TRAILER PARK."
Though MARTY CHONKS is one of the only characters that Phillips voiced that has an on-screen appearance.
While El Burro, despite having official artwork, has no in-game physical appearances whatsoever.
"I think you've got the wrong actor.
And why'd you interrupt my binge-watching of FUTURAMA on HULU?"
& I don't see Porkchop barking angrily at my DELL Ryzen 7 Laptop,
nor his doppelganger THE ABNORMAL attacking me in my dreams.
???
WHY NO BILLY WEST?
Well it's because WEST bore witness to SUMNER REDSTONE of VIACOM freezing 75% of Nickelodeon's Budget in February 1994 after the company purchased and acquired PARAMOUNT PICTURES.
West got so pissed off that he stormed out and gave the finger to his employer....
BIG MISTAKE as he now regrets leaving.....
Anyway, Ready for some IRONY?(And apologies for any aneurysms...)
Oh come on DOUG! GTA 6 isn't even out yet!
Hold your Pre-Order money for the ULTIMATE EDITION until then!
I've already mentioned this, albeit through Thinly-Veiled TAKE THAT jokes against LYONS at his own expense... BUT.....
So what's the Irony?
Well if you play the game on PS3, XBOX 360, or PC, and/or watch GTA IV clips on YouTube, watch the cutscenes with Francis appearing in them and you'll hear that Thomas Lyons' Francis Mcreary Voice sounds much closer to Billy West's FRY Voice.
Don't believe me?
If the voice clip was not enough, here's some Video from YOUTUBE featuring the Character from within the game:
Kind of hilarious to hear DOUG FUNNIE using the word "FUCKING" albeit with proper vocal chords that sound like FRY from FUTURAMA.
But notice the similar Vocal Cadence to FRY's?
At least before MCREARY loses his marbles over DERRICK the further you play the game....
Here's a clip from FUTURAMA to illustrate my point using WEST's favorite quote:
Granted, Francis Mcreary's voice is a slight lower octave compared to FRY's
I call this WEST's favorite since he uses it at conventions or interviews
to provide examples of his own voice.
& Billy West's FRY voice became less nasal and slightly lower pitched in the later seasons compared to the clip shown above which is from the 1999 Season 1 episode FRY & THE SLURM FACTORY.
(Barring SEASON 11 where FRY sounded raspier due to WEST being in his early 70s and was in the midst of recovering from COVID back in 2022-2023,)
I could have used the "It's that Obnoxious Monkey" clip from MARS UNIVERSITY or the "Ocean Madness" clip from THE DEEP SOUTH but I can't find any clips at the moment.
But notice the vocal similarities between FRY and FRANCIS MCREARY?
Trust me, now that you've heard them, now you know.
But man, talk about a wasted opportunity to impersonate Billy West in 1996.....
Or maybe it was Michael Eisner's fault for thinking that if LYONS impersonated West, there'd be a Lawsuit from Billy West that would be enough to make us scream
"SWEET ZOMBIE BEJESUS! A JUICY LAWSUIT!"
(Read that remark but in West's Farnsworth Voice.)
Anyway,
I can definitely hear BILLY WEST still fuming over being replaced by LYONS in 1996, and raging over the fact that LYONS used an imitation of FRY's voice just to voice a corrupted LIBERTY CITY COP who, SPOILER ALERT, once he's shot dead, he's considered PERSONA-NON GRATA in the eyes of the Mcreary Family.
"Yes I'm pissed off that THAT LYONS GUY stole my DOUG
but what I'm more pissed off about is that I got put in RAYMAN 3
instead of GRAND THEFT AUTO while I'm scheduled to come back to RAYMAN
in OCTOBER 2026!
Hope something changes come forth NOVEMBER 19 2026."
Are you reading this BILLY WEST?
You still ready to file that Lawsuit against LYONS and challenge his UNION status within SAG-AFTRA?
I'm all in for it.
And you're more than free to hire either the Blue-Haired Lawyer
or the HyperChicken as your attorney.
"Why am I representing that FUNNIE Kid?"
or the HyperChicken as your attorney.
"I may be just a simple HYPERCHICKEN from a Backwoods Asteroid
but I draw the line at a sweater vested kid being told his that his future
is that of a Corrupt Liberty City Cop.
And he should have rejected his contract with that LAW & ORDER TV Show."
And for you TIPPI DINK & MRS. WINGO fans,
Here's how Mayor TIPPI DINK would feel about her voice being used to portray the matriarch of a mafia family.
Tippi here is not amused that she's the voice of a MAFIA Family's Matriarch
Though her husband BUD is congratulating her for her voice work.
......
Am i noticing a pattern here?
How is it that many of the actors in DOUG, sans BILLY WEST, have all acted in Crime based entertainment such as GTA or LAW & ORDER?
Notice I did not mention others like DOUG PRIES, BECCA LISH, MELLISA GREENSPAN, CONSTANCE SHULMAN, etc.,
They probably didn't get contacted by ROCKSTAR to provide voice roles for any characters whether they're recurring or pedestrians.
And I didn't mention the late ALICE PLAYTEN either but either way, she's no stranger to adult animation of her work on HEAVY METAL & Picha's THE BIG BANG were any indication.
Here’s hoping that when HULU’s Doug revival finally airs,
The Mouse Executives brings back Billy West and accept his pay demands as WEST does not want a repeat of his dispute from 1996 or JOHN DIMAGGIO’s 2022 Salary dispute.
(Unlike WEST's 1996 dispute, John thankfully came back as BENDER.)
And let’s hope I hear Billy West’s voice in a major role in GTA 6 just to complete the actor package.
I'm still sore over the fact that ROCKSTAR has to delay the game to NOVEMBER 19 2026.
Look, I get that ROCKSTAR wants to avoid another CYBERPUNK LAUNCH FIASCO,
but using CYBERPUNK 2077's infamous 2020 launch to justify the delay has been seen by many gamers as an unacceptable excuse.
And while I was also working on some revisions on this blogpost back in January 2026,
I heard there was a BOILER ROOM explosion incident at ROCKSTAR NORTH's headquarters but thank balls that was taken care of.
And then starting in MID-AUGUST 2026, the game was leaked by a disgruntled HACKER named CYBERLEEK,
Causing great concern for both the Game Development Industry & the Gaming Community.
But aside, I'm still excited for GTA 6 coming to PS5.
Though in light of events dating back to CANADA DAY 2026 regarding PLAYSTATION,
I really should not be using this PHOTOSHOPPED edit of mine due to poor taste....
But what the hell.... I'll take the HEAT
(No relation to the 1995 VAL KILMER film.)
Sorry It took me so long to make this post.
I was already finished typing this blogpost back in February 2026 but I didn't want to publish it yet until now because I wanted to wait until GTA 6's Third Trailer was released....
well.... a trailer 3 did release and that's the EXTENDED LOOK documentary on NETFLIX which was just recently released so I waited until then before I can publish this blogpost which I did just to celebrate the reveal of the Doc but for copyright reasons, I can't embed the video so wait until it's on ARCHIVE.ORG.
And even then, just download it from there.
Hope you all enjoyed this interesting post...
And yes, I still believe BILLY WEST is a superior DOUGLAS YANCY FUNNIE....
No comments:
Post a Comment