Friday, October 09, 2026

WARD KIMBALL tells you HOW NOT TO DRAW MICKEY MOUSE.

Was browsing my iPhone's photo library and I came across this photo I haven't used in this blog yet.
I've done some reading and as it turns out, 

This is actually WARD KIMBALL's TOUNGE-CHEEK-IN joke about his employer's rigid standards of ON-MODEL compared to other studios who's rules on ON-MODEL are somewhat lax.

I don't see it that way.

The way I see it, It's a fun experiment to mess around with MICKEY MOUSE's model for one's own personal amusement.

Makes me wish I shared this when the MOUSE entered the PUBLIC DOMAIN back in January 2024........


I did however encounter this alternate take on the photo above:
I'm gonna guess this one is the original while the one way above is the revised one.......


Hilarious,

With apologies to both the late WAYNE ALLWINE 

&

BRET IWAN.


And with greater apologies to Former Disney animator ANDREAS DEJA but sometimes I can't resist an art piece done by one of the NINE OLD MEN even if it's their own amusement piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment